Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Last Minute Home Run: An Update

Man, I spoke too soon.

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon was slow, but the end thrilled me! I finally felt plenty of emotion. Maybe too much. (I cried.)

The book didn't wrap up tied in a neat little bow. In fact, I think it left plenty to interpretation. I started to expect that would be the case in the last few chapters and I wasn't disappointed.

So, to my beloved King, I'm sorry I ever doubted you. You come through in the end.

Perhaps I should return to Insomnia. If I can make it through, the ending might blow me away and change my mind completely.

Of course, I know it is the journey (not the destination) that matters, but ending on a good note took this book from one I'd never recommend to one  that I encourage my fellow readers to check out.

If you're not there, join me on Goodreads. I always need new books to read & friends' recommendations mean the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment