Sunday, July 15, 2012

Reading Update

I am so sad to report that I have given up on Insomnia by my beloved Stephen King. I love King's ability to bring places and people to life with his extraordinary descriptions, but in this book, he took that too far. It was downright long winded. I've been working on reading Insomnia for over a year. I had to supplement it with other books because it just wasn't enjoyable. I fought the urge to put it away because I had faith that the book would get better. Even if that's the case (and I believe it is), I lost the patience to read it anymore. I guess even the best of authors have some duds.

So, I've moved on to The Pact by Jodi Picoult. I've never read anything by Picoult and like it so far. The dialogue is a little forced, but I can see through that for a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment