Thursday, July 26, 2012

Liebster Award

Yay! I got nominated for an award! Well, more like kindly recommended on my friend Jaymie's wonderful blog, Snacks for Max.  Before you read this post, you should look at her blog because Max is adorable and she's a WONDERFUL writer.

The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other. It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it’s also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs and get them more readers and followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you. Then, recommend other blogs.

All of this seems easy but it took me a while. Despite keeping a blog about myself, I'm not that interesting. Here we go:

11 Random Facts About Me:
  1. I own two wonderful dogs but still like cats better.
  2. I'm really really good at online poker. You know, the kind without real money.
  3. I read at least three books at one time - making it hard to finish any of them.
  4. I write horror fiction. My writing scares me sometimes. A good thing?
  5. I spent months of my life as a half-elf on Monday nights. Let's hear it for DnD. Right? Anyone?
  6. I currently belong to three book clubs.
  7. I wanted to major in journalism since I was a kid. And, I did. Ernie Pyle School of Journalism!
  8. Being the editor of my high school newspaper was one of the most fun things I ever did.
  9. My favorite kind of books are the ones that make me unable to sleep at night. I've spent many nights staring at my bedroom door waiting for the murderer to arrive.
  10. I wrote a book of poems in high school. No one has read it but me.
  11. Investigation Discovery is my favorite channel. I sometimes think I could really be a detective -- then I laugh.
Questions for My Nominees:


  1. How long have you been blogging? Since high school! I've been doing this since LiveJournal. I always delete them and start over. I've been writing Misplaced Modifier since 2010.
  2. What is your goal with your blog? Just to let friends and family know what's going on in my life and offer my experiences with writing/reading.
  3. What topic has brought the most traffic to your blog? wedding planning (not my goal)
  4. What was the best book you read last month? I'll be like everyone else - The Hunger Games Trilogy
  5. Did you have a diary/journal growing up? Where did you hide it? I did and I do. I never hid it. I'm an open book.
  6. What’s your favorite someecard?Definitely this one: http://www.someecards.com/usercards/viewcard/a469b5e12601b97b549225a77e7f67bd 
  7. What singer would star on the soundtrack of your life? Hanson. Yes, Hanson.
  8. What’s your favorite reality show? Why that one? MasterChef. I love watching the contestants get better and take criticism.
  9. What’s your go-to bridal shower or baby shower gift? picture frames
  10. What cartoon character would you be? Belle from Beauty on the Beast - A quiz told me that, but I do love books and unattractive men. (Just kidding, Steve)
  11. Who do you retweet the most? my co-workers - follow them: @e_clay @sandydunwoody @getsocialpr @abbymaci @courtneyanne36 @yellowbrittany @MrsCourtneyP @jaymielynnie & @brittzyh (You'll find that I've recommended their blogs too - great content!)

My Nominations:
In no particular order, these are my favorite personal blogs! They represent the biggest interests in my life: reading, public relations and writing. Check these out. Seriously, you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment