Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Reading!

Books are my life - professional and personally. But, lately, I "haven't had time" to do a lot of reading. When 2012 came, I made a resolution to read at least two books a month. I haven't done that.

Now, I've decided that life is too short to not be doing what I love more than anything. (Is it sad that is curling up on the couch with a book?) In the past month, I've finished four books. I forgot the excitement that comes with slipping away to another world & becoming invested in characters. It's an amazing thing to cry, laugh, be overcome with excitement, become angry, etc. all in one sitting and call it fun. I'm sure my husband enjoys me talking about non-existent people every day too...

At work, the other publicists and I have started a book club. We each will pick a book for the month assigned to us. I'm excited about this because it will force me to step outside of my reading comfort zone. Already, I've read Mistaken Identity, an inspirational book that I would have never otherwise picked up. Although in the end, I wasn't a fan, I'm glad that I read it.

My favorite book in the past few weeks has been Mockingjay, the third book in The Hunger Games trilogy. Of course, you'll want to read all three. I usually don't jump on trends or enjoy young adult novels, but this one truly had everything and held my attention. (I'm not a morning person and I woke up early wanting to read!) But, do yourself a favor and don't see the movie.

Last night, I started reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. I've never read anything by her before but already love her writing style.

Now that I'm back to reading, I'll do my best to get back to writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment