Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fear-Based Choices

Today, I heard something that hit home: 99.9% of the time, choices made out of fear aren't the right choices. By nature, I'm a fearful person. I'm contolling, like to have tons of information before I leap and have turned away from things (and to things) because I'm terrified of taking the other path. I thought of some decisions I've made that way: all of them put me in a tough situation down the line.

Today, there are quite a few choices I'm facing. Where we ultimately live and what we envision for the rest of our lives is at a crossroads. My natural reaction is to make the fear choice. I want to choose things that are familiar and steer clear of the path I know deep down I'm meant to follow (because that path is scary and uncertain).

I don't have good advice to offer on this subject because I'm struggling, but I am definitely going to try to leave fear out of my decision-making, face challenges and live the life I know I'm meant to instead of the one that I feel comfortable in.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it! I'm here to help anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm watching Rent at the moment, and I just had to quote it here...

    Give in to love, or live in fear; No other path. No other way... No day but today!

    ReplyDelete