Monday, October 25, 2010

New Space. New Inspiration.

With NaNoWriMo quickly approaching and many writing projects in the works, my wonderful husband pushed me to find a writing desk that inspired me and to designate a portion of our apartment to be my workspace. I found this awesome desk that was just dark enough to inspire horror fiction, simplistic enough to remind me to cut out the unnecessary, and possessed enough character to remind me of the many writers I admire. I placed it by the window in our living room. Having a defined place to work has definitely helped my motivation. Last night, I ripped apart my short story at this desk and became passionate about the tale again. Although, it's hard to tell I like it at all with all my red pen marks on the pages.

I'm lucky to have such a love of words and hope I can perfect my style sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment