Monday, August 9, 2010

The Real Meaning

Today, I've been stressed. I still haven't gotten around to legally changing my name. We still need to get our bank accounts in order and get insurance the way it should be. I'm worried about every little thing that could go wrong. I've been nothing but nerves lately.

Then, tonight, we took our dogs on a walk. And, as I watched our two furry children walking with the man I married, I realized that those moments are what it's all about. Many many people will come and go in my life, but Steve will be a constant. He'll be my source of strength and my best friend for many years. It's not about the legal paperwork or anything like that. It's about the promise we made and the fact that we'll hopefully have many nights like tonight. When I recognize that love is the important part (and we have lots of it), everything else seems so petty. So, here's to wonderful moments and being Jessie Hansell, even though it's not official yet!

3 comments: