Friday, April 9, 2010

Writing Inspiration


I've stumbled across two horror fiction writing contests that I'm desperate to enter. The problem is, I'm having trouble finding the motivation to write. When I get home from a day of writing for pay, it's hard to put on my creative hat and develop a short story (much less parts of a novel). I have so many ideas floating around in my head that I need to harness and bring to life. Luckily, Steve is holding me to some goals that I've set for myself.

I find a lot of my inspiration from Stephen King. If you're a writer (fiction or not) and haven't read his book On Writing, I highly recommend that you do.

4 comments:

  1. Say, that book looks familiar... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah. Around here, you must be David Pwarz. See, the thing is, I actually read the book when someone bought it for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Look, I'm just saving it until I'm ready to write my epic, New York Times Bestseller novel.

    ReplyDelete